Friday 26 December 2014

Current Projects

It's the fourth day of my Chillax project and things have been pleasant - thank God - though I was all set to report my challenges daily.

We are on our way back from our NSW road trip. God has made it easy and smooth for us to visit 3 of my friends.
All praise to You.

Now we are about 400 km away from Melbourne. Plenty of time to blog!

So my Qur'an memorisation motivation has returned - yayy - after hearing that FYZ has passed the first chapter of the 29th Juz! I've covered the 30th Juz but haven't quite moved on to the 29th ad I keep forgetting the verses. But I thought, hey when else are you going to add any verses at all?

With that on its way, it means I need to do my daily reading after my prayers and not on the train, on the way to work! That was the commitment which has been neglected since...probably since I went on my long leave in October. Or even before that!

On top of the daily readings and memorizings, I'm also very keen to finish up my first publishing attempt: a little book of positive verses collection!

I'm super excited about this project because as far as I know, there hasn't been a book that summarizes the motivating points about God, sourced from the Qur'an itself! Of course - as I don't understand Arabic much - I'm just quoting another person's interpretation. But I think it's a good start to allow a chance for any English-speaker to access understandable points about God - and how wonderful God is.

That's the message I want to get across.

So there. My current exciting projects:
1. Daily reading after prayers.
2. Workday memorization. One verse a day.
3. Verse collection.

Let's try to stick to these goals!
In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Ever Watchful.

No comments:

Post a Comment