Wednesday 10 December 2014

America

I cried today.
I actually produced tears.

At work.
Interpersonal issue.

Silly cause.
Yet I couldn't help it.

The morning was dragging, reeeally slowly. By 4pm I'd done enough emails and started to revisit this blog written by an international student's adventures in the USA.

Despite the countless negative opinions on the US, it has a special place in my heart. I'm guessing that's because I grew up with American TV shows and entertainments. Then I went on a student-exchange program to California and loved it there. Then of course, I decided to come back for a visit, 4 years later with my sister, and had a great time there.

There's something about the people.

If I had to choose between a trip around the US or around Europe, I'd probably go for the US - even though I've never ever been to Europe and I've seen how amazingly beautiful some of the countries are.

It must be the people.

I learnt and experienced European cultures through European films (I know). There are a lot of dislikes that come to surface as I watch how people behave, what they say, and their physical gestures.

My conclusion is that if I ever visit Europe it'd be mostly sightseeing and being as far as a foreign tourist.

But if I moved to the US....
God knows what might happen.
At this stage, only God knows.

In reality: I'm not that brave to make a move THAT big.

No comments:

Post a Comment