Sunday 28 December 2014

Chillax Day One - stuck on train

We've been stuck under the city loop for over 20 minutes now. The train cut its power and left just a few lights on inside the carriages. People are starting to move around on their seats. Only the two South Asian-looking ladies conversed; the rest of us kept quiet. It is a work day for me. I guess people on this train were also going to work, going as individuals.

Hence we did not talk to one another.

The man behind me started coughing. I could sense the increasing noise level as a sign of restlessness.

Just three days ago my husband and I were stuck inside a powerless lift for 40 minutes. I had to call triple zero emergency line twice to make sure someone was going to rescue us. And they did. A fire brigade and some police officers.

I'm keeping my cool still. Even now. I've texted my manager saying I'd be late for work. Tough I'm not 100% sure if my message was even sent. Signal is bad under the loop.

After 30 minutes...
More people started to talk to one another. They were complaining about the train situations shortly before chatting about their Christmas activities.

It's amazing how these people stay calm and patient while being locked underground for over half an hour!

What's going on out there?
When are we going to get any further updates?

What's God trying to show me these days...

This morning I saw the news on TV. An AirAsia plane has gone missing. That's the third Malaysian air plane disaster this year!

40 minutes...
The lights are back on and the train is back on track.
Thank God!
The train conductor thanked everyone for their patience.
Looks like the power went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment