Monday 8 December 2014

GP Day Fourteen

So after the full-on yet productive client visit last week I started to wonder. I started to collect my thoughts. I started to plan.

I started creating a Power Point presentation that targets the CEO and talks about the piles of issues at work and possible solutions.

The message was conveyed yesterday, to our CEO. But I did not see this coming:
-that the CEO almost has no clue on what was happening in our department
-that the company revenue has been hugely invested back into our department that the profit margin became smaller
-that the overall staff turnover rate is no worse than expected

With these things in mind, my fired-up arguments became no longer relevant.

Plus, I had two short meetings with my manager and his manager on how it was inappropriate for me to talk about the issues directly with the CEO.

Oh great.

So the conclusion is: I've been here for too long hence I think too much and it's probably time for me to seek skills and rewards elsewhere.

Anyhow, blessings keep on poured on us all so let's count mine:

1. I'm grateful to be assigned a manager who does not take things personally. I now have more respect for his poker face and non-existant emotions.

2. I'm grateful that someone in my "dead" team was brave enough to initiate the team pod decoration spirit!

3. I'm grateful that it is such a lovely afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment