Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Stage of High

This post relates to the last post I wrote, where I found myself energised full of ideas.
Well guess what. Last night at choir we had a guest conductor.

Light bulb!

I approached Tania and expressed my interest in conducting. Reality hit me. She and Shaun started asking me all these job-interview questions; have I had conducting experience; am I able to play an instrument well etc. I realised I couldn't say YES confidently to both questions although I did mention what I have done in the past.
So Tania got Shaun agree to take me "under his wings" so that I get a chance to learn a thing or two.

Happy about that.

All night I was thinking of how I want to use my chance - if given, someday.  I've been itching to work the choir on "Climb Every Mountain" so I hope Shaun wouldn't mind me playing around with that song.

So after choir I met my husband in the car. He too has been excited as he managed to get 27 people ordering his becoming-famous Bulgogi lunch pack for the camp this weekend! TWENTY SEVEN. I had to ask him to put a cap on the final number so that he wouldn't be overloaded.
That night he spent cutting and slicing all the meat really thinly.

***

It's funny just to step back and watch how the two of us are currently feeling excited, inspired and empowered. Whereas, usually we don't do anything major; mostly getting on with life; do whatever is necessary; live to sleep and sleep to live. I pray that God keeps guiding us to our own unique purpose in life; to serve Him in the way He wants us to; to be useful for the world; to share our well-designed strengths and talents to others; to hopefully bring others back to Him and prevent others going astray from His path.

Amiin.

No comments:

Post a Comment