Monday 10 March 2014

Bye Beach

I was really looking forward to finishing work today and head off to the seabath house by the beach!

It took quite an effort to persuade my husband to come along to swimming.

I wanted to show him the beautiful sunset by the beach, while the two of us enjoy the warm jacuzzi.

Awhhh...

Today is a public holiday, but as per the company policy I was rostered to work. The office was silent and I felt time was dragging. Finally 4 o'clock came! Yippiii!!

I met him at the prayer place and we had some snacks. I could see a flood of crowd around the river, enjoying the food, rides, and doll prizes. Trust me, I was tempted to cancel my swimming plan!

But I didn't. I managed to stick to our plan and soon the two of us were inside the tram. Side by side. Just like the old days - as uni students, going everywhere by trams. It was nice to look at the many looks and shapes of passengers around us and we were busy making comments.

Finally we got off the tram and I heard music! And I saw white tents!There must be some kind of outdoor festival!

And there was. Though the stalls started to be packed up. We walked through it and towards the beach.

Oh it was wonderful!
The weather was cool. The clouds let through some colorful shines from the afternoon sun. People passed by with their dogs, their prams, their bikes, and loved ones.

Still. Our intention was for that pool - and the jacuzzi!
We walked towards the building and there was something odd.

The pool was empty.

Oh..no..

The front desk was in the dark.

Nooooooooo!!!!

I couldn't believe this. Everything seemed so perfect and I couldn't swim in the end?!?!?

Are You testing me?
I groaned and moaned and he kept saying sorry - which he shouldn't as it wasn't his fault!

Then as we waited for the tram to go back, I tried to apply what I learnt at the self esteem seminar:

Sit straight, and smile.

I'm still upset. But I'm hoping my body can at least benefit from such gesture. And I'm hoping God will surprise me with something better....

No comments:

Post a Comment