Thursday 20 February 2014

Time ~

It is true what they say, about how time passes by more quickly as you get older.

When you are very young you just can't wait for the hours to pass. For the day to end. For school term to finish. To get older (though I don't remember myself being so keen on getting older).

Yet the clock seemed to really takes its time. Testing your patience.

Maybe that's because we were not able to do much. We waited for the school bus to come. Waited to get picked up from school. Waited for parents to come home. Waited for maids to prepare dinner. Waited and waited.

But now that we have learnt to make things happen, time seems to run away from us.

Wait up!
Wait - I'm not ready to get up!
Wait - I'm not ready to leave the house!
Wait - I'm not ready to jump on the phones!
Wait - I'm not ready to leave the office as my work is piling up!
Wait - I'm not ready for bedtime as I just had dinner!

Could you just PAUSE for a while!?

No.

Time never does pause. That is the way God has intended. We need to "make the most of it".

I need to be aware of what I'm doing each moment. I need to make sure I don't lose time to wasteful things.

Oh great. I've missed my stop at Westall Mosque!

No comments:

Post a Comment