Sunday 18 January 2015

Back to Square One

My career seems to bring me back to the place where I've spent 6 years as a tertiary student.

I decided to take a walk during this lunch break and now hesitated whether it was a bad decision. Every step I took was flooded with memories.

Ten....years...ago...

I was right here.
I was busy sorting out my notes for my Japanese classes. My fun, fun Japanese classes. I was upstairs submitting my assignments.
I was at the balcony attending some sort of students function. I was in that building logging into the computers to do my study groups. I was walking on this path, from one class to another; or killing time; or simply enjoying the smell of eucalyptus trees.
I was in that library trying to find sources for my Psych essays; or my Qur'anic study essays.
I was at that tram stop. Every single day. Going home, exhausted from all the walking.

And I am back. No longer studying. No longer crossing paths with my many uni friends...

They've all moved on. Since ten years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment