Sunday 4 January 2015

GP Day Nineteen

This is going to be my LAST WEEK at my current job!!!!!!!!

Can't describe how happy and relieved I feel after all the dramas today.

As you know, I've started losing my motivation towards mid-2014 as the departmental "reshape" was taking away tasks which I enjoyed doing.
Soon enough I found myself sitting in a new team, with a newly promoted manager, and with no team dynamics at all.

The dragging days began and continued until THIS WEEK!

In December I applied for a job; attended the interview; gone through the reference checks; and was not successful for the role. However, they mentioned an alternative position!

The time line looks like this:

24 Dec
- lady on voicemail told me I wasn't successful but there's another opening and if interested I should contact Pman. Emailed Pman; got missed calls; got a reply from Pman and responded to it with questions.

31 Dec
- Pman called and explained the role and wanted me to start on Jan 13th!! Though my job requires a 4 week notice!!!. Checked with Sl as my manager (JD) was on leave, negotiated with Pman, twice! Pman can hold my offer until Monday morning (5th Jan) when he wants answer!

5 Jan
- Grabbing any chance to talk to JD...and PT from HR. JD checked with his manager and told me the earliest I could leave is on Jan 16th. Called Pman who needs to check and get back.
- (noon) Got missed call from Pman; voicemail saying he was sorry nothing he could do to hold for another week. Felt devastated, angry and confused.
Grabbed PT and teared up; PT spoke to JD. JD told me they can let me go at the end of this week (9th Jan).

What!!??
After all that I've gone through; losing my very chance...!!?

Angry and worried. Got email from Pman saying he would take back the offer in the next 30 minutes. Replied instantly! Saying I can start next week!

Phew....job secured. Cought up with PT about resignation letter. Happy. Relieved.

Got email from Pman to confirm; and a call from Pman to offer part-time option. Yayyyy!!

The rest of the day was just non-focused.

God...I know You have the best plans for me. Thank You for letting me remember You in times of distress.





No comments:

Post a Comment