Wednesday 16 July 2014

Dear Hubby

I was texting him today while working. I knew it wasn't going any closer to a stimulating conversation. It hardly is, anyway. But I put extra efforts in writing nice things. Politely flirty things - which sounded so fake I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time!

I pushed back the urge to nag him or do a check of chores with him. Our conversation was short. It was irrelevant. It was just overrated praises and gratitude, without a real topic....just like some nice decoration.

And I realised this is exactly what we used to do before we got married...

*   *   *

As I was walking out of the office I contemplated how he's been treating me well. Full of gentleness and caring. When he speaks to me his tone is always polite - it often sounds formal and it annoys me. But he tried to be nice. He tried to be what I asked of him.

He tried so hard that it becomes his nature...

All this time, it's always him who is willing to go into the deep end of things...and do the dirty work to fix things...
He wouldn't ever hesitate to get up and go for it - whatever needs to be done to give me comfort. To make my life easier.

So how do I not see him all this time and all these years that we've lived together?

What stops me from being nice to him...?

No comments:

Post a Comment