Monday 5 May 2014

Insignificance


Right now I feel as if the factors that made me enjoy my job have been taken away. Now that my manager has settled in her role and got familiar to things, she'd be the one saving the day (read:solving issues with client). Now that they're looking at resourcing closely, I don't even need to organise my day - it has all been planned and allocated.

So like today, I used half a brain to deal with the ever lasting questions from students. I got a lot done. But nothing quite exciting..

I also got to interview one of the managers for our presentation this Friday - this Friday! She talked about different scenarios of clients relationships which I can't discuss here as it is confidential. That made me realise there are so much I don't know - or not made aware of - about what's going on with our business.

That made me feel a bit insignificant.

The worse part is when I realised that this is what we are hired to do. And not the "saving the world" version.

Now the thought comes back: maybe I need to start looking elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment