Wednesday 17 February 2016

What Passion?

I managed to catch-up with a former work colleague yesterday, who'd recently developed her passion in food safari into a real profession as a food blogger. When we caught-up only last year she was a full-time house wife, with casual jobs, and busy trying to get a full-time job. Now, she'd become a food blogger professional, well known within the cafes industry and busy with invitations to review various meals and treats.

Huge improvement.

And so I thought...
Today everyone takes photos of their food. Everyone likes to try out pretty little cafes every now and then. Everyone posts their activities on facebook or instagram.

But most people - myself included - stop there.

What my friend does differently is that she strives for excellence. She does her research; taught herself some coding skills useful to create and maintain her website; and she sought ways to improve the marketing of her page by working with her client cafes on certain campaigns.

It all sounded so awesome to me.

And so I questioned myself...

What can I do that makes a difference?
How do I re-discover my fighting spirit through the dull and the tough?

No comments:

Post a Comment