Wednesday 13 May 2015

GP Day Twenty Three - Babytalks

Baby turned 18 weeks in my belly today. Everyone keeps saying that this time babies can use their senses and they can hear your voice!.

Exciting.
But what am I supposed to say to mine? I haven't really been a good baby-talker - that's when you talk to a baby or toddler and just keep talking even though you get no clear response in return.

And I feel awkward to supplicate (read: demand) that s/he shall grow up into this all-good humanbeing. I feel the responsibility lies heavily on us the parents; even more on me.

So during today's lunch break I took a stroll at the park, keeping in mind that I was taking my baby with me. The sun came out showing off the beautiful clear fresh air after the rain had passed.

At the start, I told my baby I wasn't sure what to say. I then went on noticing the bright green coloured grass and the blue skies; and I took nice deep breaths.

Dear Baby,
A beautiful world is waiting for you out here. The green grass. Tall trees. You'll have a wonderful time watching the man-made water fountains. Smelling the air. Enjoying the warmth of the sun shine. We'll visit the parks together and have the best times - you and me.

Then I felt happier myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment