Wednesday 15 June 2016

GP Day Thirty Four - Holy Month

I decided to set my aim this Ramadan as putting God back into a priority in my life.
I wanted to be more aware of the blessinga and His signs around me. I want to stress less about other people and their business.
So I successfully uninstall Facebook - my major distractor. It was the big time thief that kept me from doing the things I wanted to do. It kept me comfortable spending hours in bed behind the superficial excuse of putting my baby to sleep. Plus, it stirred constant self comparison, self image review, and cravings of worldly items.

I've managed to sneak in one or two pages of Qur'an recitation on most days.
I stopped making plans with people - or trying hard to find people to hang out with. Instead I let God bring the right people to me. I let Him take me to people whom He's blessed. It seemed to work better this way.

I made attempts in joining whatever religious talks as much as I can - now that my free time is restricted to my baby's routines. God has made it easy for me in the last few times bringing my baby into the Masjid, to stay there for a while, joining the long evening prayers. There's been a lot of joy, warmth, and helping hands.

I also wanted to invest more into our household. My husband has been diligently bringing home take-away meals during the fasting month. We both know I don't cook - even when I do occasionally, our tastebuds don't agree with each other. Despite that, I still am hoping to somehow become comfortable with cooking: with the meal planning, groceries, food preparation, cooking, and eventually cleaning-up afterwards. Now that my baby eats solid, I start to constantly think of what to serve him at each mealtime.

Plus, there are way too many clutters in this house! I've been dreaming to turn each corner of this house into a lovely sight ever since I resigned from work - that is, before my baby was born! But like I said, it's mainly been as far as a dream.

Today I've managed to clear away the junks out of our living room. It was the simplest, easiest room to begin with, but there was just too much junk!
Not sure which area I should work on next. Too many choices.

But little by little, I want to turn myself into one of those people who take great care of their surroundings.

God help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment